Spiced and diced at Minerva’s Cajun Shack restaurant in Shangri La Plaza-The Ledge

P5204710
If you want to explore more different kind of food, then I dare you try the yummy Southern America cuisine. It’s a popular cuisine because of the chili and seafood combination of their meal. A new restaurant was introduced me and they serve this kind of cuisine. Minerva’s Cajun Shack is a new restaurant concept that was brought here by the owners of Murray’s New Orleans restaurant, it’s a restaurant that serves New Orleans type of dish, similar to Minerva, they both serve Cajun food. 

When I hear Cajun, only image that pops in my mind is Gambit, a comic character from the X-men universe. Also not just Gambit, but also the Man vs. food series on Tv. Because I spotted one episode when they roam the street and tried all those spicy yummy Cajun dishes. Its one of my dream to try it and oh boy! Dining in New Orleans or in Minerva no longer requires you to fly to Louisiana, USA.

Cajun dishes usually have the holy trinity ingredients, namely - bell pepper, celery and onions the spice on these three ingredients are diced and combined into cooking like in French cuisine.

IMG_20140522_192034
So enough the talking…let me show you around Minverva’s
btw, the photo above is from www.wahpinas.com I borrowed the photo from his blog (thanks Ron)

P5204732
Inside Minverva’s will remind you of the old New Orleans restaurant. Well they share the same interiors and menu, but the menu here in Minerva is much more upgraded than New Orleans. According to the resto people, they target the female diners for Minerva, that’s why the name sounds like from the Greek books of mythology.

P5204749P5204750P5204751
P5204752P5204753P5204754
The menu. just click on the photo to view the large version of the photo.


P5204718
I’m pretty pump up with my dining experience here in Minvera’s Cajun Shack, because the food served on our table is new and I can say that some buffet in hotels serve this kind of cuisine. But here in Minerva’s, you can order it by just raising two fingers in the air.


Here are the food from
Minverva’s Cajun Shack


P5204715
Down by the bayou (PHP 245)
Crusted calamari, catfish and creole mustard aioli
I didn’t know that I’m already eating a catfish! hahahaha. I just figured it out when I read the description on their menu. Its chewy and I prefer dipping this with a catsup or chili catsup.

P5204707
Famous Pete's Buffalo Wings (PHP 349)

Bombastic ang chili nito!!! it’s a common buffalo wings.. nothing special


P5204714
Ceasar Salad (PHP 249)

and the salad too…but I love to see the large chunk of roasted chicken


P5204717
Bourbon st. Masquerade (PHP 295)
Pork mask, chicken liver, holy trinity, quail eggs, pork cracklings

A must try if you want real Cajun food! Spicy, salty and juicy oily hahaha. It looks so cholesterolic but It’s the yummiest food here in Minerva’s

P5204730
Spinach Ravioli (not on the menu yet)

This is good too!


P5204736
Oyster rockefeller (PHP 349)


P5204738
Shrimp Etouffee Pasta (PHP 385)

One of the best pasta that I ever tasted!!! its creamy cheesy and tasty. I can eat two platter of this..and Omg. I will definitely order this when I visit this resto. Shrimp Etouffee Pasta is a must try for Cajun food lovers.

P5204743
Voodobo Rice (PHP 245)

I didn’t tried this..but it looks good

P5204744
BBQ spareribs PHP 949 (12pcs. strips)

ahhhhh its like we’re eating in a jungle..this BBQ Spareribs was the star of the night. The meat part is soft and the glaze on it is just right.. I’m glad its not burned.

P5204702
Iced tea


P5204722
Megarita cocktail drinks (PHP 250)

Of course, the happy beverage in New Orleans is also here in Minerva’s. There’s a magic in this cocktail mega glass. When you sip more…the cocktail drinks doesn’t ran out easily. Its like an unlimited drink. I never finish my drink ever even when Im at New Orleans.

P5204725
Ahhhh the happiness….. My Megarita is a symbol of joy and luck.
cheers for the success month of May
P5204733
As usual…food talks… ok skipped this part

P5204734
Anti social ??? no.
The person around me are so busy Instagramming the food on the table.
Yup.. bloggers at work!
P5204724
Minerva's Cajun Shack by Murray's New Orleans'
brancj: Shangri La Plaza - The Ledge, 6th floor
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/minervascajunph