The Wholesome Table restaurant–my food crawl adventure in Bonifacio High Street, BGC part 1

The Wholesome Table restaurant Bonifacio High Street BGC Food Crawl Adventure (6)

Welcome to my first blog series from my food adventure in Bonifacio High Street, I participated to this food event and its my first time to join in a restaurant hopping and eating activity called “The Food Crawl”, it’s a food bloggers event organized by Bonifacio High Street and the Mercato Centrale team of RJ Ledesma and Anton Diaz of Our Awesome Planet.

I skipped on attending some food events last month, and this is the only food tour or food crawl activity I joined after some rest. Hey! I just gave some time to reduce this fat in my body and since the Christmas season is here, there’s a reason to pig out again haha. Balik alindog program na lang uli after the holiday.
Bonifacio High Street (BHS) is now a restaurant haven, after the opening of the new wing at the southern side of the BHS complex, lots of restaurants started to mushroom out from thin air. There’s this food blog posting race that I usually join whenever there’s a new resto is opened in the city, but I just can’t keep it up anymore because there are lots of restaurants already and its hard to choose!

I’m glad that BHS organized this for us to try their new resto and also blog our food crawl experience.

The Wholesome Table restaurant Bonifacio High Street BGC Food Crawl Adventure (13)

Our first stop is in The Wholesome Table restaurant. I think this is the only restaurant in BHS that serves pure organic food. I’m familiar with organic food, but not in a restaurant that serves 100% pesticide free and naturally grown veggies. The owner of the resto was there, Mr. Juan Elizalde, the husband of model Bianca Araneta,

Here we learned that their ingredients, mainly veggies, came from local producers here in the country. I’m not really sure where, but I have a big feeling that Elizalde have their own organic farm. I want to ask if they have any organic food certification, but I’m sure none, because we don’t have any associations here that gives that certification. Since he mentioned that its pure organic… then we know its really organic.

I can only tell if its organic, if there’s a small slug in my salad ahhahaha. But I’m glad it didn’t happen here. I’ll be happy if I spot it.

But not only veggies are organic, same goes to their animal meat. The chickens and cow are purely breed and feed with organic feedings. Chickens are free range and cows are grown naturally. There are no chemical support or any artificial add ons to grow their animals for their meat.

okay, let’s end the intro and let me show you their food.

The Wholesome Table restaurant Bonifacio High Street BGC Food Crawl Adventure (1)

Here’s RJ Ledesma, our food curator of the night, he guides us where to go, what to eat and also introducing the restaurant. We were also accompanied by the BHS team.

The Wholesome Table restaurant Bonifacio High Street BGC Food Crawl Adventure (2)

The juice, salad and beverage bar here in The Wholesome Table

The Wholesome Table restaurant Bonifacio High Street BGC Food Crawl Adventure (3)

Wholesome Mojito
It’s a non alcoholic smoothie with mint and some herbs. It tastes like a mojito, thanks to that natural honey syrup to add more sweet taste. Its like mint tea drink with crushed ice.

The Wholesome Table restaurant Bonifacio High Street BGC Food Crawl Adventure (4)

Organic Mushroom Fritters
PHP 320

A mushroom mixed with mozzarella cheese wrapped in Italian sausage, deep fried with crispy breading and comes with a fresh cherry tomato passato

The Wholesome Table restaurant Bonifacio High Street BGC Food Crawl Adventure (5)

Enlightened Bowl
PHP 320

Veggies mixed with Brown rice, and added with avocado fruit with ginger dressing. Comes with tofu, mushrooms, sprouts on top.

The Wholesome Table restaurant Bonifacio High Street BGC Food Crawl Adventure (6)

Barcelona Pizza
PHP 690

Spanish style pizza with turkey meat chorizo, shiitake mushrooms, roasted garlic, mozarella, garana padano and top with fresh tomato sauce.


The Wholesome Table restaurant Bonifacio High Street BGC Food Crawl Adventure (7)

Here’s our bite size samplers. I super love the food here! I like the pizza and also the mushroom fritters. I’m a big mushroom fan, anything that is a mushroom is a food to me.. except that poisonous ones haahha. The salad with rice is good too!!! its one of the must try here in The Wholesome Table. I like that concept of adding salad to your brown rice.

The Wholesome Table restaurant Bonifacio High Street BGC Food Crawl Adventure (9)

Their table mat design shows lots of inspirations. The Wholesome Table share to us how to be healthy, if you want to try organic food, then you can start here before you explore the organic food world. Growing organic food is very difficult, because the food should be grown and produced in top shape and free from chemicals. It’s the only resto that is very wholesome…minus the preservatives.

The Wholesome Table restaurant
address: 30th St Corner 7th Ave Bonifacio High Street Central Taguig
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thewholesometablewebsite: http://www.thewholesometable.com


bhs food crawl
// This blog post is part of my food adventure at the Food Crawl event in Bonifacio High Street

Bonifacio High Street
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BoniHighStreet
Foursquare: https://foursquare.com/v/bonifacio-high-street/4b4ae1fbf964a520788f26e3



(food price and description lifted from Munch Punch)