Village Tavern restaurant - my food crawl adventure in Bonifacio High Street, BGC part 2

Village Tavern restaurant Bonifacio High Street BGC Food Crawl Adventure (5)

Village Tavern restaurant opened last year February 2013 at the new wing of Bonifacio High Street. I was there during its 1st few weeks to have a taste and try of their original recipes. You can check out my old post here at http://azraelsmerryland.blogspot.com/2013/02/bistro-groups-taste-love-premiere-card.html

The most talked about food here is the black inked pizza, but that was last year, for this year, my only rave is about this bone marrow platter. They serve it in half bone and comes in with bread and some salted cheese, I’m not sure if its parmesan, but its good!

Village Tavern restaurant Bonifacio High Street BGC Food Crawl Adventure (7)

When we learned that we will visit Village Tavern, me, Jonel and Marj say a big “awwww” because we all love this restaurant managed by the Bistro Group.

I can say that their food is glorious..because they served a heavy load of meat for this 2nd food crawl stop

Village Tavern restaurant Bonifacio High Street BGC Food Crawl Adventure (2)

Prime Flank Steak
PHP 895 for 8 oz.

It’s the best ever steak! I cried in every bite. For big guys like me…this is a best bite with red wine.

Village Tavern restaurant Bonifacio High Street BGC Food Crawl Adventure (3)

Black Pizza
PHP 475

Village Tavern’s master chef -- Chef Josh Boutwood, conceptualized and invented this new kind of pizza, it is made with squid black ink minus the fishy odor. I don’t know how he did it, but the chef said that it took him lots of trial and errors to perfect the recipe. The pizza dough is super tasty, topped with mozzarella, mushrooms, pepperoni and parmesan.

If you will eat here, this is a must try food here in Village Tavern.


Village Tavern restaurant Bonifacio High Street BGC Food Crawl Adventure (4)

Roasted Bone Marrow
PHP 325

It’s the holy grail of what we call “putok batok” or sometimes we call it the food that will enable you to astral flight. The Roasted Bone Marrow is delicious and also a killer. Its considered as an appetizer but for me I want to add rice with it and consider it as my full meal ahahaa.

It’s a different take for bone marrow, but for those who have tried the bone marrow in a bulalo soup, you can tell the difference which is tastier.

Village Tavern restaurant Bonifacio High Street BGC Food Crawl Adventure (6)

As an appetizer meal, the roasted bone marrow is served like this…get a bone marrow and spread it to you bread. After my three bite… I felt heaven is near me hahahaa.

Village Tavern restaurant Bonifacio High Street BGC Food Crawl Adventure (1)

Village Tavern looks awesome at night. I super enjoyed this 2nd stop of our Food Crawl in BHS.



Village Tavern restaurant
Location: 2nd level of Bonifacio High Street Central,
website: http://www.villagetavern.com/the-food.cfm?pid=39&name=Manila.+Philippines
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VillageTavernPhilippines


bhs food crawl
// This blog post is part of my food adventure at the Food Crawl event in Bonifacio High Street
Bonifacio High Street

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BoniHighStreet
Foursquare: https://foursquare.com/v/bonifacio-high-street/4b4ae1fbf964a520788f26e3








(food price and description lifted from Munch Punch)