Infront and around Quiapo Church- Feast of the Black Nazarene 2015 part 2

DSC_0121

After some zombie steps from Recto, it took me around 20 or maybe 30 minutes to arrive here in Quiapo Church. It was a great timing because I arrive during the start of the mass, whew!

And I always stand here iin frontand outside the church. I want to go inside but its too crowded. The weather was cloudy, and glad there’s no sun at around 12nn, but there are some chances of drizzles but I’m glad it didn't pour so hard.
I’m a bit concerned on my skin, because I got this two day old skin treatment, few days ago I visited a skin clinic and they removed my warts from my neck and now my neck is under medication with fresh wounds. I covered my neck with some shoal to prevent the sun and also not to catch any body fluids of other people. Its very hard for me this year but that’s how it is, more sacrifice just like Jesus when he got crucified.

Anyway, I’m still glad that its not scorching hot that day and the weather is fine….
plus with cold breeze. wow!


DSC_0076

DSC_0080

Devotees carrying their mini replica of the Black Nazarene.
Back in the 90’s, my parents asked me to carry our mini replica of the Black Nazarene. I was so pissed that I will carry it the whole day, but then I got enlightened and was happy to see people pray infront of our mini statue.

DSC_0089

its funny that the camera man of this giant video wall is shooting a footage of the crowd.
I was there waving my hand hahaha near the balloons

DSC_0091

It’s the iconic Mercury Drug video call in Quiapo
I just hope next time they stream the mass and not the crowd

DSC_0092

Portalets are available here infront of Quiapo Church.
Expect long lines and also the stench

DSC_0093

Lady devotee light up a candle for wish…prayers…good health and more money

DSC_0094

A group of religious cult is performing some street blessing

DSC_0096

Massage for all.

DSC_0097

Street vendor stares at the 2015 calendar with photo of Pope Francis

DSC_0098

Faith healers are having a big show here,
I listened to his talk and it was good.
He said that our illness will be cured if we always pray to God and Jesus.

DSC_0103

I placed myself infront of the gate
also…a good spot for photography

DSC_0104

You can also see another replica of the Black Nazarene inside the church

DSC_0107

Giant video wall at the left side of the church
The video feed and stream are getting better every year

DSC_0108

Slippery, muddy and dirty pavement around the church
I’m glad that I’m wearing my Converse chucks

DSC_0114

I don’t know what kind of Filipino provincial dialect they used for the Hosanna song
Its bi-lingual, first was this dialect and then Tagalog

DSC_0124

Blessing of the devotees
Thank you Senor Nazareno!


DSC_0126

Everlasting flowers
here I also started to shoot video from my GoPro
I wear my GoPro and roam around the street

DSC_0130

Side view of the church

will post my panoramic photo later

DSC_0132

Carriedo market..
I took the wrong route…its super crowded here

DSC_0134

Fresh veggies for sale

DSC_0135

DSC_0137

DSC_0145

DSC_0149

I spotted the Chicken again hahahah.


DSC_0151

The mass ended at around 1:30pm.
I was so hungry and walked all the way from Quiapo church to Ongpin.
I ate my lunch there and my next blog post is about my walkathon in Binondo