Spanish wine and tapas at Sofitel Manila Wine Days this October 2016

DSC_0213

Here's another Sofitel Wine Days for this month of October, I super love this session because its very relaxing when drinking some nice wine and also I love meeting new people, its one of the perks of this wine dinner, you can get to network with other people.

For this month, Sofitel Manila features the Spanish wine and tapas night, the wine session is a partnership with Gonzalez Byass Wines, its a kind of wine from Southern Spain, and you get to pair it with traditional Spanish tapas.

I haven't tried a Spanish wine, for me they are a much lighter and refreshing, perfect for our tropical weather.

DSC_0207

Sofitel Wine Dinners are a monthly offering here at Sofitel Manila. If you want to be part of it and do taste some new wines, then just contact them via website www.sofitelmanila.com or call 632-832-6988 or email H6308-fb12@sofitel.com 

14060005_10154681804329276_1039304894_o

Im with my wife Lace and Im shock to see that she's more a heavy wine drinker than me. I think her body already evolved after a year of workout in the gym.

We know she has low alcohol tolerance, but at this Sofitel Wine Dinner, she drank more glasses than I am (today she drinks wine at home, and she can finish a bottle for 2 days)


DSC_0220

Gonzalez Byass wines was founded in Jerez, Andalucia in Spain, the wine was established by the founder Manuel M. Gonzalez since 1835 and then today the wine making business is still managed by the 5th generation of the Gonzalez Family.

Featured Spanish wines are:

Tio Pepe Do Jerez Xeres Sherry
type: Fino

Alfonso
type: Oloroso

Villarnu Brut NV
type: 55% Macabeo, 40% Parellada, 5% Chardonay

Finca Constancia-Parcela 23
Type: 100% Tempranillo


DSC_0219

Vinas del Vero Somotano Chardonay 2014

Beronia Rueda 2014
type: 100% Verdejo

Beronia Rosad0 2013
type: 100% Tempranillo

Beronia Crianza 2007
type: 85% Tempranillo, 12% Garnacha, 3% Mazuelo


DSC_0228

Our menu


DSC_0221

Dining area at the La Veranda


DSC_0235

First drink....a chilled Sangria

DSC_0236

Champagne

DSC_0258

and my fave wine of the night --  Vinas del Vero Somotano Chardonay 2014

I didnt got to try the other Spanish wines, because my taste buds adjusted and I chose Vinas del Vero Somotano Chardonay for discovering a perfect pair to my plate of tapas.

I think I finished 4 glasses of this  Vinas del Vero Somotano Chardonay 2014

DSC_0254

Tapas served that night are:

Tortillas
Serrano ham croquetas
Manchego cheese croquetas
Marinated baby octopus with green olives
Patatas bravas
Mussels and chorizo
Marinated manchecgo cheese with olives
Sauteed chorizo with red wine

then heavy food:
Paella
Charcuterie
Iberico ham
chorizo
lomo

dessert:
Catalan cream
churros


DSC_0263

the Paella
this saved my day --- to fill my tummy with heavy rice and seafood


DSC_0266

the night ended with some nice coffee and this churros
yes---may churros sa Sofitel!


Thanks for reading my blog!

watch my vlog version of this topic