photo coverage: Total Lunar Eclipse of Oct 8, 2014–Philippines

PA085729

Another total lunar eclipse was viewed for this year and this time I was ready to do take photos and observe. But the problem occurs when the weather starts to be cloudy and the moon rises behind the dark clouds. We are expecting a storm and I’m glad that it didn’t rained yesterday, but thick clouds and the air pollution added more hazy effects to view the moon.

I set up my gear at at around 4:30pm just to wait for the moon rise, but as expected, all I see are clouds.
btw, I set up a global adjustment for these photos in order to eliminate the hazy and the grainy effect of the high ISO and also to turn the sky into black.

PA085706
here’s my view around 4:30pm
the sun is covered with thick clouds

and here’s my total lunar eclipse photos taken here in Cavite, Philippines

PA085710

at 6:39pm , the moon peeks behind the cloud and I used a slow shutter speed to capture the moon and eliminate the hazy effect.

I posted my observation here in my Facebook timeline - https://www.facebook.com/popazrael/posts/10152838796249276


PA085728

at 6:44pm the moon starts to glow red, it means that the shadow of the Earth starts to cover the entire face of the moon. The white streaks on top left is the remaining light reflected by the sun.

PA085732

The total lunar eclipse is now happening.


PA085739

PA085742

PA085743 1

Here’s a close up photo of the bloody red moon

at 7pm – the sky starts to clear and finally we saw the final moments of the total lunar eclipse

PA085753

at past 7:30pm, the shadow of our Earth starts to move away from the moon and then the white streaks starts to glow powering up the moon back to its normal beauty


DSC_0044

It was a peaceful observation… I felt great in viewing this astro event and I'm happy to share this experience to all my blog readers.

Check out my Astro coverages here at http://azraelsmerryland.blogspot.com/search/label/astronomy