hands on test with: Kata T Mini 2 tablet with 6.95-inch IPS Display, 1.3GHz Quad Core, Dual Sim, 1GB RAM (SRP: PHP 4,999)

Kata Tmini 2 tablet

I got the opportunity to do a hands on test and initial review of the new Kata T Mini 2 tablet by Kata Digital Philippines. It’s a new tablet with a built in new specs that can cater your internet mobile lifestyle, gaming and entertainment.
Its small, light weight and thin mobile device, at first I thought that I was using a dual core tablet, then I realized that this is a 1.3 Ghz quad core tablet. Maybe that the Kata i4 spoiled me so much with its Octa core processor and fast responsive touch screen. But if you used it more, you’ll get the quad core feeling right away. My first initial impression for the screen was 7/10 but when I tried using it more, my senses already got a hold of the responsive touch of the screen.

Funny thing is that I was disappointed at first when I got a hold of this tablet, maybe because I’m used to in using bigger tablets, but when I loaded the Kata T Mini 2 with some apps, I finally got its vibe and the fun in using it.

Kata Tmini 2 tablet

Kata T Mini 2 tablet is now available for order and also for purchase over the counter at any Kata Digital branches

SRP: PHP 4,999

Visit this link for the list of store location of Kata Philippines - http://www.katadigital.com.ph/store-location/

Kata Tmini 2 tablet

Tech Specs:
Size: Height-190mm, Width-102mm, Depth-9.4mm, Weight with batt-272.8g
Processor: MTK 8382 1.3GHz Quad Core
OS: Android 4.4 KitKat
Screen: IPS 6.95″ Display 1024*600
RAM: 1GB
Storage: 8GB
Expandable storage: Micro SD
Sim: Dual Sim
Camera: Front-5 MP, Rear- 8MP with Gorilla Glass Cover lens
Battery: 2600mAh
Speaker - 8ohm
Connectivity: Wifi, Bluetooth
Body color: available in Gold and Blue
Non removable battery

more specs here at http://www.katadigital.com.ph/tablet/t-mini-2/


Kata Tmini 2 tablet

For my initial review, I’m using the engineering unit of a Kata T Mini 2. I used this unit for weeks and was hand over to me before the local release here in the Philippines.

Pricing is very affordable and I’m happy that Kata Philippines is offering a much better pricing for high powered mobile devices.

The tablet design is perfect for people who loves reading ebooks, surfing the net, Facebook stuff, play games and also watch movies.

Kata Tmini 2 tablet

If you noticed that the controls – BACK, HOME and HISTORY is on the screen. Then there’s more space at the bottom of the screen. That’s a good space where you can hold the tablet with your fingers.


Kata Tmini 2 tablet

My little complain is the back body case. I’m not sure if I’m right to say that the body is painted with Gold chrome, But I think you need a better tablet casing for this, because the back body is bit fragile in contacting with other sharp object. I accidentally scratch the back case when I inserted it my bag together with my Kata smartphones.

Just be careful in carrying this inside your bag. Use a cloth, a tablet casing, or a laptop soft cover case to keep this tablet away from sharp objects such as keys, spring of notebooks, metallic pens, and other smartphones with steel body and edges.

But I will review this again when I got a hold of the actual unit.

For my case, I keep this inside a card boarded folder just to add anti scratch when I carry this inside my bag. Ok naman so far.

Kata Tmini 2 tablet

Look at the size and how thin it is.

Kata Tmini 2 tablet

Kata Tmini 2 tablet

Kata Tmini 2 tablet

Kata Tmini 2 tablet

Here’s how I hold it and carry it whenever I go out
I usually use this tablet in reading some comics, do Facebook and also read news in Flipboard.

Kata Tmini 2 tablet

Front camera

Kata Tmini 2 tablet

Size comparison with iPhone 4s, Globe Tattoo LTE and my Sprinto sun glasses

Kata Tmini 2 tablet

Another size comparison with Asus Zenfone 2


Kata Tmini 2 tablet

The back body case is not removable, but the top cover of the tablet is detachable and that’s where you can find the Dual sim slot and the expandable storage slot.

Kata Tmini 2 tablet

Closer look of the SD card and Sim slot of Kata T Mini 2


SAMPLE PHOTOS
Here are some photo samples for you to see the quality of the 5 MP and 8MP camera

FRONT CAMERA
IMG_20150422_094516 IMG_20150422_094521

REAR CAMERA
IMG_20150417_124840 IMG_20150417_125921 IMG_20150417_130347 IMG_20150417_171550 IMG_20150421_182851 IMG_20150519_112054 IMG_20150519_112101 IMG_20150519_112108 IMG_20150519_112122 IMG_20150519_112153


Here’s how I use the Kata T Mini 2 during my normal life hahaha



Kata Tmini 2 tablet

I brought this Kata T Mini 2 during my tour in Baguio
And here’s how I read our Baguio Guide app using the Kata T Mini 2.

Seryoso. I handle that tablet just like a paper or a pamphlet. Thank goodness that it is light weight and easy to hold it.

Kata Tmini 2 tablet

Kata Tmini 2 tablet

Just like reading a small magazine di ba?

Kata Tmini 2 tablet

Here’s my Instagram

Kata Tmini 2 tablet

Oh hai there.. Marian Rivera.

Kata Tmini 2 tablet

The Kata T Mini 2 loads the full page of the Facebook via Facebook App.


Kata Tmini 2 tablet

Oh hai there.. Barbie Fortesa.

Kata Tmini 2 tablet

Just surfing around my Facebook page

Kata Tmini 2 tablet

Oh hai there…Sarah Jessica Parker. Thanks Rod Magaru for posting this as FB memory story.

Kata Tmini 2 tablet

Flipboard..my fave news app


Kata Tmini 2 tablet

Loading my blog: Azrael’s Merryland Blog, celebrating its 12 years anniversary

Kata Tmini 2 tablet

Reading…

Kata Tmini 2 tablet

Zoom in text…..go read it again


Kata Tmini 2 tablet

Keyboard action via my Google Keep note app

Kata Tmini 2 tablet

Just showing you again my Flipboard

Kata Tmini 2 tablet

And how I read it via Kata T Mini 2 tablet

Kata Tmini 2 tablet

I played games with it too. I used this game app to test the responsiveness of the screen.
So far..the responsive touch screen is pretty good at it.

My top score forever is 67 hhahahaha.

Kata Tmini 2 tablet

I watched movies and tv series too with the Kata T Mini 2.
Best performance with a loud add on speaker or a earphones with ear buds.
Kata Tmini 2 tablet

How I read comics with the Kata T Mini 2


Kata Tmini 2 tablet

Kata Tmini 2 tabletKata Tmini 2 tablet

Yeah I read Age of Ultron comics before I watch the movie Avengers: Age of Ultron.
The story is different in the comics.

I used an Acrobat Reader app to read downloaded scan comics.

Kata Tmini 2 tablet

Here’s how I use Kata T Mini 2 with a Google Maps app.


Visit the online networks of Kata Digital Philippines
www.katadigital.com.ph
www.facebook.com/katadigitalcom
www.twitter.com/katadigitalcom
www.instagram.com/katadigital
www.katadigitalphilippines.wordpress.com